Session 1 Production Project

Summary

I have edited some films before, but this film by far is one of my favorites. The time and effort that us as a team put into this film was amazing, the director was on point with telling everybody what to do, the cinematographer did amazing still shots, and the sound designer made some really perfect audio effects for the film. If I took one piece of advice it would be don’t do too much editing, because then it kind of takes away from the film.

21st Century Skills

When we all got together as a group, we all immediately started brainstorming. The creativity that we all brought was amazing, my job as the editor was to basically add some effects and try to make it “horror”. But as we were filming the scenes, we started to realize that this film is much more then that.

The (FILM, SOUND, or GAME Creation)

Reactions to Final Version

A lot of the adviser’s said that the editing was nice, but next time make more of a story. The reason why it came out like that was because we didn’t have a screenwriter so it made things a little bit more complicated, but I think our team pulled it all together really well. The feedback I got from Michelle from the panel was “loved layering of the images, but footage not very organized”.

Evaluation of Final Version

I think that the film came together nicely, yes it was pretty messy and it looks like random clips thrown together, but I think you can see a story. I think everyone can look at it in their own way, and that’s what make the film interesting. There was no dialogue though, and the that’s what make’s a film. I think there was a story, and I think the film to some people was unexpected.

What I Learned and Problems I Solved

I learned that you should talk more with your team, and a problem I solved was taking all the footage myself and putting it all together because we didn’t have a screenwriter.