Session 2 Production Project

Summary

This film that we worked on as a team was a lot of fun, also very educational. I have never directed a film before, and I have never really been a leader. This experience helped me better understand what it means to take charge, I also realized it’s important to communicate with your team.

21st Century Skills

1. Ways of thinking

I think that this film was weird at first, but it started turning into something.

2. Ways of working

I used garage band to compose the music, and as a director I used trello to keep the film organized.

1. Tools for working

I used garage band, and trello.

1. Ways of living in the world

The skill for leadership and direction will help me later in life. It will help me be a leader.

The FILM

Reactions to Final Version

People at first were very confused at the film because of no dialogue, and that there wasn’t people in the film, only chairs. My advisor Brian said “would like to have seen dialogue”, that was mostly what everyone said. Overall everyone was very positive about the film, and found it funny.

Evaluation of Final Version

The idea of the film was confusing at first, as we were all thinking of ideas I thought of chairs and we went more on that idea. We went through some problem like “how are the chairs going to talk” and “how are the chairs going to move”. I think we worked well as a team and decided what’s best for the film, and we solved a lot of problem together by communicating. As the editor was brining the footage in premiere, he noticed that the audio we recorded for dialogue was messed up. So I decided to use music that I made in garage band, it surprisingly fit really well with the scenes.

What I Learned and Problems I Solved

I learned that you need to be prepared for all disasters, and be ready to know how to fix them. A big problem I faced as a director was knowing what was best for the film, and what the team should do.