Song Analysis: Mumbai Power

Summary

I analyzed Mumbai Power by Skrillex. I chose this song because of the way it makes me feel when I listen to it, I feel like I’m somewhere else in the world.

Song Analysis

TOPIC MY RESPONSES
SONG TITLE Mumbai Power
COMPOSER(S) Skrillex, Beam
YEAR 2019
COUNTRY U.S.
If you could work on this song (change it), what would you change and why? I would probably add more variation in the vocal chops throughout with the melody, besides that, I can’t find anything I would change.
What is the song GENRE? Future Bass
What is the song KEY? A Flat-Major
What is the song TEMPO? 140
What do you like about the RHYTHM? I like the way the chords move in the intro of the song, they have a great rhythm to them.
What do you like about the ARRANGEMENT? I like how he builds up to the ‘drop’, Skrillex is really great at creating hype or emotion before a ‘drop’.
What do you like about the MIX? I love how clean the mix is, you can tell that Skrillex has been doing this for a while. The way the bass, chords, everything is not clipping or distorting, it sounds great.
What do you like about the TIMBRE of some or all of the instruments? I love the tone of the vocals, and the chords together, They fit really well.
What do you like about the PITCH of some or all of the instruments or vocals? I like the pitch of the vocals, and the chopping of the melody into a vocal.
Are there particular TRACK(S) that stand out? The beginning melody sound stands out to me. The sound turns into a bigger sound as the song goes on, It’s a progression of the melody becoming bigger and bigger.
Finally, what do you like about the overall COMPOSITION? I love the feel I’m getting from the song when I listen to it. I feel like I’m in Tokyo, India, or anywhere in the world that’s new that I haven’t been to before.

“A song is a musical composition intended to be performed by the human voice. This is often done at distinct and fixed pitches (melodies) using patterns of sound and silence. Songs contain various forms, such as those including the repetition and variation of sections.” wikipedia.org/wiki/Song